Greetings on a Friday!
For more information on any of the items below or to see photos from Tom's events this week, please visit the Council District 4 website at: www.tomlabonge.com
- Visit TarFest - the weekend art, film and music festival in the Miracle Mile - this weekend. This lively event showcases emerging artists and is quickly becoming a Los Angeles institution. On Sunday morning, Tom will kick off the one-mile and 5K Miracle Mile Grand Prix run, which is part of the TarFest program of events. For more information, click here: http://tarfest.com/run.html
- Tom and Ed Begley, Jr. will flip the switch to illuminate the first solar-powered lights in a City of Los Angeles park. The public is invited to the dedication ceremony for the new lights on Tuesday, September 29 at 6:30 p.m. in North Hollywood Park, 11455 Magnolia Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601. For more information, please see the attached flier.
- Tom drew big applause in Hollywood on Wednesday for supporting a second subway extension (after the Wilshire Westside extension is completed) along Santa Monica Boulevard through West Hollywood. In his annual address to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, Tom also discussed streamlining city government and installing permanent lights on the Hollywood High School football field. The Sheiks of Hollywood High play the Roybal Titans at the homecoming football game under the lights on Friday, October 9 at 6 p.m
- John Marshall High School is looking for community members who'd like to volunteer their time to help seniors apply for college. If you're interested, please contact Susan Philips at email@example.com, or call 323 660-4799. A meeting for volunteer "mentors" will be held on Thursday, November 5, from 3:30-6:00, where they will be matched with students.
- A non-profit organization is helping homeowners restructure their mortgages at free workshops this weekend at the Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 S. Figueroa St. The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America, which is certified by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development, will be available for consultation 9 a.m.-8 p.m. today through Monday. For more information, click here: https://www.naca.com/index_main.jsp
Have a great weekend and continue to enjoy and love Los Angeles.